Applications of artificial vision in industrial environments
The applications of artificial vision in industrial environments
Artificial vision in industrial environments has consolidated as an indispensable tool for quality inspection and control of production processes.
By capturing images of objects or the environment through artificial vision, it is possible to extract relevant information about the state of products and processes.
In an objective and automated way, captured images can be processed immediately to obtain accurate information about the situation of the process and the product.
Also known as industrial vision is a field of what is known as artificial intelligence, which focuses on checking the conformity of a product to certain pre-established requirements.
Applications of industrial artificial vision
The objectives for which a company can apply artificial vision focus on:
- Quality control: through which compliance with the technical specifications of an object is verified based on a pre-established pattern.
- Metrology: which verifies compliance with the pre-established dimensions according to a specific pattern. The dimensions are not limited to the complete piece, but also to other aspects such as distances between edges, angles, position of holes, assemblies, etc.
- Classification: to determine different kinds of products or to extract those that do not correspond according to the pre-defined characteristics. The classifications can be determined by dimensions, marks, reading elements, colors, etc.
- Pick-up & Place: to locate the position of an object through the coordinates of the space where it is collected and move it to another indicated position.
- Absence presence: inspecting areas to find objects, measure distances and recognize patterns to verify assemblies, labeling, etc.
At E2M we manufacture machinery specifically designed for artificial vision inspection systems, so that your company has full control over the processes.
At E2M we manufacture machinery specifically designed for artificial vision inspection systems, from a turnkey model, so that your company has full control over the processes.
With the application of artificial vision in the industry the times are optimized guaranteeing the highest quality in each product.